Icelandic Codfish Skin Twists 5 Oz
Caught wild from the pristine waters of Iceland, these chews make a great treat for any pet.
Low odor and full of Omega 3 and collagens, these treats are loaded with nutrients that your pet needs.
As they are slow dehydrated, they are a chewy treat and take a few minutes to finish, thus helping your dog keep its mouth in good shape.
- JUST ONE INGREDIENT: This high protein dog chew is made with only dehydrated wild caught Icelandic cod and loaded with Omega-3s.
- DENTAL DOG TREAT: Gnawing on these longer-lasting dental chews can help clean teeth and support healthy gums.
- HUMAN GRADE: TickledPet fish skins meets the rigorous FDA safety standards to use the label 'human grade', ensuring the highest quality dog treats.
- ALL NATURAL: This healthy dog chew is made with no by-products, preservatives or fillers and is Non-GMO Project verified.
- Nothing from China in these tasty treats.
- Four sizes to choose from. 16oz, 8oz, 5oz, and 2oz.
Crude Protein 80.1-85.5%,
Crude Fat 2.42%-4.1%,
Crude Fiber 0.2%-4.0%,
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1.02%
Calorie Content:3530 kcal/kg=100 kcal per oz
Fish skins are rich in collagen and are popular as a raw material for skin care products and vegetarian gelatin. Since fish skins are between four and seven percent of the fish’s total weight, they are an endless, sustainable commodity.
Collagen is a key component in both vertebrates and invertebrates and is generally found in the tendons, bones, cartilage and connective tissue of mammals. Past studies have shown that collagen represents about 60% of the animal’s body protein and 30% of all the organic matter of the source animal.
In dried fish skins, collagen is in its original, untreated form.
Chinese practitioners have believed for thousands of years that when skin is damaged, the cure is to consume skin. Popular science has supported that finding in recent decades, as collagen has become more and more popular as a proven health product. Collagen has been shown to strengthen skin, through improving its hydration and elastic properties. Natural wound repair and joint relief are both aided by collagen properties. Collagen in the muscles keeps them strong while less acne is another proven benefit.
As mammals age, the body no longer produces collagen as efficiently. A daily collagen supplement is advised.
It is clear that people and pets need collagen daily. For dogs, there is no richer source than dehydrated, scale reduced fish skins.